Saturday, December 22, 2012

Miles 1 Year Portraits - Valley Forge Park

Happy Holidays Everyone!

I met a HANDSOME little fella named Miles for the very first time about a month ago. Miles had recently celebrated his 1st birthday and his parents Amy and James wanted some outdoor portraits. This shoot was a little different for me. Why you ask? We shot early in the morning. 7:30 am EARLY. Surprisingly I don't think I had ever shot a portrait session this early and I was quite excited! The early morning light not only has a special warmness in the color of the light but also produces a softness that can't be had any other time of the day. I'm always looking for new ways to use natural light and I definitely want to shoot this early again.

It was a rather mild November week when we shot but a BRISK weekend morning. One of the first of the season. I'm talking 30 degrees BRISK. Miles was game-on though! If you don't know by now my approach is very laid back and natural. We let Miles lay on a blanket and be himself and enjoy the park. There were a few fussy times but he stuck it out like a little champ.

Amy, James and Miles I had a blast on our early morning photo session! Thanks again for getting me out of bed early enough to catch that gorgeous light. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


On with some pics...












~Stay Classy little man

No comments:

Post a Comment