Sunday, April 21, 2013

Joe & Heather's Engagement Shoot @John James Audubon Center - 4-6-13

Lately we have been blessed with some beautiful early spring weather! A saturday or two ago was no exception for Joe and Heather's engagement shoot at the John James Audubon Center . It was a very mild day with temps nearing 70 degrees and the sun was in full force to help shed light on their love for each other!

I can't stress enough how important and beneficial engagement shoots are for not only me, but also for the couple that has entrusted me to capture their character as a couple on the most important day of their lives. Engagement shoots are practice for the both of us. I don't know too many people who are comfortable in front of the camera! I take note of what makes you more comfortable, whether or not you need or would like more direction, or whether just to hang back and capture the natural moments in between. The more I know about you as individuals and as a couple, the more we can be comfortable around each other and the better chance we have of capturing the naturalness of who you are. I want to be friends with my clients!  I don't want to be just some guy who shows up on your wedding day to take decent pictures. Images are supposed to have meaning and be full of emotion. They tell a story. My camera documents your history. Your wedding flowers will undoubtedly die. My hope is that the imagery I capture...lasts a lifetime.

Joining me on this shoot was my precious fiance Jessica to not only assist but also shoot. She did a GREAT job noticing things, directing and capturing these two lovebirds. Some of her shots are mixed in below and she made me proud! You done real good hun.

We always start off easy with the hopes that the more we shoot and as the time passes you will be less aware of a camera or two and be comfortable. Joe and Heather definitely got comfortable before the halfway point and as they say, proof is in the pudding. Or in this case...the photos!

Joe and Heather, thank you for spending the afternoon with us so that we could get to know you better. Before signing off I have to give serious KUDOS to Joe: he picked out their outfits for the shoot and they certainly complimented the surroundings!

Joe and Heather will be getting married at Pheasant Run Farm B&B in Lancaster in September and I truly look forward to it! Without further ado, I give you the Love of Joe and Heather...










Left shot above snapped by Jessica.


The above shot snapped by Jessica.














Both Shots above snapped by Jessica.


Love the portrait Jessica snapped of Heather in the above upper left.


No comments:

Post a Comment