Monday, May 6, 2013

Hannah & Patrick - A Baltimore Engagement Shoot 4-27-13

"I'm here...time to share some close moments in front of a stranger with a camera!" WHAAAAAAT?!?!

Meet Hannah and Patrick. Our first initial meeting was via Skype and lasted no more than 20 minutes. They were both extremely kind, friendly and CLEARLY meant for each other. Not only could I see that from our short virtual meet, I knew beforehand they were good peeps - they were directed my way from friends and past wedding clients, Kathy and Jason.

The idea was to shoot around Hannah's (soon to be Hannah AND Patrick's) neighborhood just minutes away from the Inner Harbor in Baltimore MD. But before we got to shooting, I thought it would be nice to have a light lunch with them to get to know them a little. I wanted to put them at ease and not have them jump in front of my camera without feeling comfortable. We shared many laughs getting to know each other over some excellent pizza they graciously treated me to from Joe Squared. I explained my approach to them again, asked how they met, what they both did for a living, and found out quite a bit more about them. I'll stress it again...I want to know my clients and for us to feel like friends before their wedding day.

After lunch we set out on foot for a bit to a couple areas including the Maryland College of Art and a very interesting place known to locals as "Graffiti Alley". We then got in the car and traveled to an AMAZING tulip garden nearby for some shots. It was a beautiful day and the garden was packed with hundreds of people but we of course, snuck some shots. We rounded out in their actual neighborhood where they changed and grabbed some balloons just for fun.

Hannah and Patrick, it was great to meet you and spend the afternoon with you! Can't wait to see you guys again for your wedding in Rockville, MD!

On with some pics...



















No comments:

Post a Comment