Wednesday, September 21, 2011

KP Trio, Patriot Day Benefit Concert @World Cafe Live 9-11-11

On 9-11 I had the privilege of hearing and photographing a truly talented trio of musicians, The Krista Parrish Trio. This gal can PLAY the guitar and has vocals to match. I play a little guitar myself and must say I was amazed watching her play the song Mexico where she mixes drifting, picking and strumming with what looked like little effort. Go ahead, watch, you'll see. And vocals?  Check out a live performance of their hit song Easier Said then Done. And it's not all her either, her bandmates know what the hey they're doing as well. With Steve Murphy (Krista's husband) on bass and Michael Fazekas on drums the KP Trio was a force. I truly enjoyed it!


This was a benefit show, I believe formed by Krista and bandmates. Other acts included Graham Craig, Suzi Brown and Jen Chapin with all proceeds going to the Philadelphia Veteran's Multi-Service & Education Center, Inc to benefit local veterans. Great cause and great music!


On with some pics...














~Stay Classy

No comments:

Post a Comment